News Articles
Emerg. Preparedness
Hot Shots
Press Releases
Department Roster
Apparatus
Department History
Services Provided
Important Links
Fire FAQ's


Department SOG's

Medical Privacy Notice

Five saved in apartment fire -
Video Documentary


Entrance Exam 2017



2007 Images
2006 Images
2005 Images
2004 Images
2003 Images
2002 Images
2001 Images
2000 Images
1999 Images

Historical Images

See All Images


Furnace causes smoke


By:  Star Beacon

ASHTABULA — Smoke filled a Thistlewood Apartments residence Sunday evening, but no flames were seen, after the fan on a furnace malfunctioned, Ashtabula Fire Capt. Mark Calaway said.

The residents called the fire department when their apartment quickly filled with smoke. The fire department responded and located the problem quickly, Calaway said.

“There were no big flames and what fire there was, was contained to the furnace itself,” he said.

Firefighters ventilated the apartment with fans, Calaway said.

Copyright 2007-2017 Ashtabula Fire Department  |  Website Design & Hosting by JNKWebDesignz